WHS Alumni Conference “World Heritage and Sustainable Development”, Cottbus, Germany – June 16 -19, 2011
The International Association of World Heritage Professionals e.V. (IAWHP e.V.) is organising a WHS Alumni conference on “World Heritage and Sustainable Development” to be held in BTU Cottbus from 16th-19th June 2011. This WHS Alumni Conference is the first of a series of events and activities being planned by IAWHP e.V. since its official recognition as a non-profit organisation by German Law in 2010. Moreover, the conference is being organised as part of the celebrations being held at BTU Cottbus on the occasion of its 20th Anniversary and in close co-operation with BTU’s WHS Master’s Program.
Supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and by the German Federal Foreign Office (AA) funds, the conference aims to bring together a wide range of academics, professionals and practitioners (WHS Alumni and other experts alike) specialising in World Heritage as well as other associated fields to contribute to the ongoing discussion about the role of the World Heritage Convention in promoting sutainable development.
Three sessions will discuss, amongst others, the following questions
- What does conservation in the context of World Heritage sites mean?
- What are acceptable limits of change to a particular site?
- How can the kind and level of change brought about by climate change in World Heritage sites be determined?
- Which changes are critical to the future survival of the built, natural, social and cultural values of heritage sites?
- How can World Heritage sites become a core asset in the achievement of the Millenium Development Goals?
|Thursday, June 16||Friday, June 17||Saturday, June 18||Sunday, June 19|
|Annual meeting of IAWHP e.V. (WHS Alumni & IAWHP Member Event) 1/2||International Conference – Day 1||International Conference – Day 2||Annual meeting of IAWHP e.V. (WHS Alumni & IAWHP Member Event) 2/2|
For detailed Conference Programme click here.